The Lenovo ThinkSystem ST550 2-socket 4U rack-mountable tower server provides outstanding performance and industry-leading reliability. It is ideal for small-to-medium businesses, distributed enterprises, retail, educational institutions, and remote/branch offices.
The ST550 server now supports second-gernation Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family processors with up to 768 GB of TruDDR4 system memory.
Suggested uses: business workloads such as e-mail, workgroup applications, file & print, system management, web serving, and point-of-sale applications
Figure 1 shows the Lenovo ThinkSystem ST550.
- mproves productivity by offering superior system performance with up to two processors, each with up to 22 cores, and core speeds up to 3.8 GHz.
- Hyper-Threading Technology to maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications, available with most processors.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy-efficient Intel Turbo Boost Technology, available with most processors, allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better use the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Speed Select Technology provides improvements in server utilization and guaranteed per-core performance service levels with more granular control over processor performance.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost (Vector Neural Network Instruction set or VNNI) is designed to deliver significant, more efficient Deep Learning (Inference) acceleration for high-performance Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512) enable acceleration of enterprise-class workloads, including databases and enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Each processor has six memory channels with memory speeds of up to 2933 MHz to help maximize system performance
- Up to 768 GB of memory capacity using 12x 64GB DIMMs
- The 12 Gbps SAS internal storage connectivity doubles the data transfer rate compared to 6 Gb SAS solutions to maximize performance of storage I/O-intensive applications.
- 3.5-inch drive bays support SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs. 2.5-inch drive bays support SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs, as well as NVMe drives.
- Support for up to four NVMe PCIe SSDs in a 2.5-inch form factor maximizes drive I/O performance, in terms of throughput, bandwidth, and latency.
- The use of solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of, or along with, traditional hard disk drives (HDDs) can significantly improve I/O performance. An SSD can support up to 100 times more I/O operations per second (IOPS) than a typical HDD.
- New high-speed RAID controllers from Broadcom provide 12 Gb SAS connectivity to the drive backplanes. A variety of RAID adapters are available, with cache up to 4 GB and support for 20 drives on a single controller.
- Supports a new Lenovo patented-design M.2 adapter for convenient operating system boot functions. Available M.2 adapters support either one M.2 drive or two M.2 drives in a RAID 1 configuration for greater boot drive performance and reliability.
- The server has two integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- The server offers PCI Express 3.0 I/O expansion capabilities that improve the theoretical maximum bandwidth by almost 100% (8 GT/ps per link using 128b/130b encoding) compared to the previous generation of PCI Express 2.0 (5 GT/s per link using 8b/10b encoding).
- The server offers up to six PCIe 3.0 I/O expansion slots plus one slot reserved for the M.2 adapter
- Support for up to two NVIDIA graphics processing units (GPUs) to maximize computing power.
No reviews found